Paychex, Inc., a leading provider of HR, payroll, benefits, and insurance solutions, was conferred with the “Top HR Product of the Year” award by Human Resource Executive magazine and the HR Technology Conference and amp; Exposition. It is being awarded for the remote workforce enablement solutions included in its cloud-based SaaS platform, Paychex Flex.
The award focuses on the innovative HR technology market and will be broadcasted as part of the annual HR Technology Conference that will take place virtually from October 27 to 30, 2020.
“While HR technology has been enabling productivity and driving better business outcomes in organizations for many years, the pandemic has reinforced the critical role tech must play in facilitating workforce productivity, employee engagement, and compliance for businesses of all shapes and sizes,” said Tom Hammond, VP of Corporate Strategy and Product Management at Paychex. “We’re honored by this recognition from the HR Executive and the HR Tech Conference. As the HR landscape continues to evolve quickly, we’re confident the solutions we develop will help organizations embrace and adapt to the future of work, which has only been accelerated by COVID-19.”
Paychex plays an important role in helping businesses navigate the COVID-19 pandemic through its all-inclusive COVID-19 Help Center. With the help of its extensive and ongoing training programs for HR professionals, the product strategy and technology investments made it possible to face pandemic-related challenges such as remote workforce productivity, cashflow disruption, new compliance requirements, and onsite employee health and safety.
The solutions emphasized as part of the company’s winning demo include:
- Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) solutions: To date, with the PPP Application Study, forgiveness calculator, and signature-ready forgiveness application capability, Paychex has supplied 500,000 PPP reports to clients and secured more than USD 28 billion in PPP loans.
- HR conversations: Encourage remote participation of workers by performing pulse check-ins to ensure workload balance, safety, and well-being.
- HR connect: Enables employees and managers to report cases (such as a workplace accident) that allows a smooth transition to an OSHA-reportable occurrence and automates the reporting of OSHA 300.
- Document management: Automates the delivery of policies and procedures by employers, such as pandemic-specific work from home policies, and enables employers to collect employee recognition and documentation remotely.
- Time management: It allows employees to log in from any device (desktop/mobile/Apple Watch) irrespective of the place. It also helps manage time by accessing personal calendars with Flex Time, thus eradicating Flex’s need to log in.
- Digital payments: Enables employers to leverage Real-Time Payments’ capabilities to process payroll on their desired check date and direct employees’ fund deposits within seconds.
“The business and people challenges that have arisen with the pandemic have impacted all organizations. From shifting to remote work to managing challenging financial conditions and keeping employees connected to the organization, these are novel and unprecedented circumstances,” said Steve Boese, Co-chair of the HR Tech Conference. “The Paychex Flex Remote Workforce Enablement set of solutions address many of these new challenges with new capabilities to manage and enable the move to remote work, manage important business documents completely virtually, and help organizations navigate programs like the Paycheck Protection Program. Finally, Paychex enables real-time payments, a critical tool to help manage cash flow.”